Pages

4/18/2016

Buy Gourmet Popcorn for Yourself or as a Gift



A lot of my friends have kids and even though I don't, I'm somehow always invited to birthday parties, confirmations, graduations, and other similar events. As I'm sure you know, only parents, grandparents, and other close relatives find these occasions endearing, so I either send my regrets for not being able to attend or just make an excuse and bow out way early. I've discovered that as long as I leave a gift behind, my absence isn't that big a deal.

Buying presents for all these occasions really started taking a toll on my budget, so I decided to start giving gourmet popcorn as a gift whenever appropriate. Everyone loves this delectable snack item -- especially kids -- and it's much better than giving something that will only be neglected, returned, or exchanged later on. I'm sure some of the recipients would rather get an Aeropostale or iTunes gift card than gourmet popcorn, but most seem to like the change of pace.

One of the reasons I love giving gourmet popcorn is that it's so easy to order online. There are lots of websites that specialize in selling this treat, so I can always find a terrific new flavor to try. Caramel and butter are always a hit, of course, but there are far more exotic flavors out there as well. For example, I know a site that sells White Chocolate Raspberry gourmet popcorn, as well as Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pizza flavor, Chocolate Drizzle, Macadamia Butter Crunch, and more. Wow, my mouth is watering just thinking about all these great-tasting snacks I've sampled over the years! And as I said, it's very easy to order gourmet popcorn online. If I'm attending a gift-giving event, I have the product delivered to my house so I can bring it with me. If I'm not attending, I simply have the tin sent directly to the recipient. Perfect!

Speaking of tins, that's another reason I love giving gourmet popcorn gifts. I can usually choose from a variety of decorative tins that can be reused for whatever purpose after the contents have been devoured. There are tins that feature professional sports team logos, so if I know the recipient is a New York Yankees fan or a Dallas Cowboys fan, I can get the perfect container. There are also tins featuring popular cartoon characters, city skylines, holiday themes, animals, and just about any other design you can think of. In fact, I've never given the same gourmet popcorn tin twice so far.

The point here is that you shouldn't overlook giving gourmet popcorn as a gift. It's something everyone can enjoy, it's very affordable, and it is a definite change from all the gift cards and electronic devices that kids seem to clamor for these days. Maybe it's not absolutely perfect for every occasion, but it's pretty darn close!