Pages

4/17/2016

Free Front Yard Landscaping Ideas



I've been trying for about a year now to sell my home, but thanks to the real estate market still being pretty bad, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. So I'm thinking of pulling the property out of the listings, making some improvements, and giving it another go a couple years down the road. I was hoping to move into a smaller place with a lower mortgage and property tax burden, but I suppose I can survive like this for at least a little while longer. For the time being, I need to get some painters, plumbers, and electricians in here, and look through some front yard landscaping ideas to brighten things up a bit.

I was actually hoping to get some front yard landscaping ideas just from driving around the neighborhood, but that's not going to happen. It seems that people around here only pay attention to the backyard -- which I guess makes sense since that's where they spend most of their time. Everyone has a deck with a barbecue grill, and some folks even have swimming pools, so we have a lot of nice backyards in the area. But everyone, myself included, could certainly use a few more front yard landscaping ideas.

I'm planning on checking the internet for free front yard landscaping ideas before I sit down and talk to some professionals about getting the work done. I'm not even sure what I want to do with the area at this point, but will probably stick to some simple stuff at the beginning. I would like to make the house look more inviting and add some "curb appeal" that will help me sell the place down the road. I know some people go all out with cobblestone walkways, exotic trees and bushes, and wrought-iron gates. As much as I would love to add those elements to my property, there's just no way I could afford those types of improvements, so I'm going to go with something much more basic. I'm sure I'll find suitable front yard landscaping ideas on those free design sites. It's just going to be a matter of choosing a theme and getting someone to implement it for me.

I'm not sure if these types of improvements will end up making a difference in selling the house, but they can't hurt. Plus, if I end up staying here even longer than expected, I'll at least have a nicer place to live in, right? It's really a win-win situation if I want to look at it that way!

It shouldn't take more than a couple weekends of sifting through front yard landscaping ideas to come up with a basic outline of what I want to accomplish. Then I'll spend a Saturday talking to landscapers, and get them in to do the work as soon as possible. If all goes smoothly, I might get everything done in a month or so. I better get cracking!