Pages

4/06/2016

Range Finder Binoculars for Outdoor Enthusiasts



I have always loved the great outdoors. Growing up in rural Minnesota, there was not much for me to do except play outside all the time. That's when I learned to fish, hike, hunt, enjoy nature, and play a variety of sports. Even though I live in the suburbs now, I still love all those activities that I did as a kid. That's why I think one of the best gifts I've ever received is a pair of range finder binoculars.

Anyone who spends significant time outdoors can tell you that there are certain pieces of equipment you don't skimp on. For instance, an experienced hiker or trekker wouldn't hit the trails with cheap boots or a dollar-store compass, nor would an angler go out on the water without the right bait for the kind of fish he wants to hook. Similarly, there are a number of activities I wouldn't dream about participating in without my trusty range finder binoculars at my side.

First, range finder binoculars are the perfect accessory for hunting. Since this device can tell me how far away something is, it helps make me a better hunter by allowing me to accurately assess the distance to my prey so I can make a good shot. Some purists might consider this an unfair advantage, but I don't think using range finder binoculars while hunting is any different from using any of the other modern gadgets and conveniences that hunters carry with them. Let's face it, none of us are out there with hand-carved spears anymore!

Range finder binoculars are also very handy when I'm out on the golf course. I'm not a good golfer by any stretch of the imagination, and barely even sniff 100 when I play 18 holes. But I still find the game to be very relaxing, so not a summer goes by when I don't get out on the links at least once a week. Since I don't have a caddy, I rely on my range finder binoculars to tell me how far away I am from the pin, which in turns allows me to figure out which club to use. My shots haven't improved any, but at least I'm on the right track!

And finally, I love using my range finder binoculars when I go out to a nature preserve to watch all the little birds and critters in their element. Although knowing the approximate distance to a cardinal or jackrabbit isn't a requirement to enjoying nature, I like to keep journals of my observations and I always end up recording the distance anyway.

As you can see, range finder binoculars are a versatile tool that any true outdoors enthusiast can put to good use in a number of different situations. I have grown very reliant on my pair, and can't imagine attempting any of these pursuits without this incredible device!